IMAGE : Hickory Run Boulder Field
News & Events
- The department welcomes Bojeong Kim who joins the faculty this fall as an assistant professor in nanomineralogy.
- Alix Davatzes won the Dean's Outstanding Teaching award this year.
- The department was saddened by the death of long-time instructor Rick Valentino (BA '83, MA '92) on Nov 17, 2013. Contributions are being accepted to establish a teaching award in his honor.
- Join us for invited speakers at seminar on Fridays at 3:00 in Beury 305.
- The department continues to grow and plans to hire TWO NEW POSITIONS: Eco-Hydrology and Stable Isotope Geochemistry to begin in August 2014. Deadine for application has passed.
- In the spring 2013, 40 undergraduates received their diplomas in Geology and Environmental Science. We had a celebration lunch for 12 students who graduated with distinction (GPA 3.5 and higher).
- Seven graduate students finished in 2012- 2013. See Recent Theses to find out more about their research.
- Temple hosted a TEDx event to talk about science. See the videos, including EES professor Laura Toran.
- Temple students continue to fill the ranks of field camp programs here and abroad, thanks to donations to the field camp scholarship fund. The department provided partial support for 12 undergraduates attending geology field camp this summer (2013).