IMAGE : Hickory Run Boulder Field
News & Events
- The holiday party this year is Friday Dec 11.
- Fall newsletter just came out.
- Congratulations to undergrads Ashley Newman, who won a best poster award at the CST URP Symposium, and Chris Conwell, who won SEPM best poster at the National GSA meeting.
- The department continues to grow and hired two new faculty staring in Fall 2015: Steven Chemtob who specializes in weathering and diagenesis and Atsu Muto, a polar geophysicist. Welcome them to the dept!
- The Department launched the new Ph.D. program (Fall 2015), welcoming 3 Ph.D. candidates in addition to 5 masters students.
- Students interested the graduate program should contact relevant advisor and apply by February 1, 2016. We are currently recruiting in several specialties.
- Join us for our fall seminar series on Fridays at 3:00 in Beury 305.
- The department will be getting a new XRD this fall.
- We received sad news that Emeritus Professor Dr. Gene Ulmer passed away Sept. 18, 2015. Gene was a driving force in our department for decades. An accomplished researcher and teacher, Gene cared intensely about students and established the Gene C. Ulmer Student Fund to help undergraduates pay for field camp. Donations can be made to the fund in memoriam. Use code S4331 or "Ulmer Undergraduate Student Fund" in the memorandum on checks.